A questioning way that makes us carefully examine a situation, exposes hidden problems, such as bias and manipulation and makes the best decisions.
Critical thinking does sound negative, that's because the fact is that it is.
The person who thinks critically depends on observation and doubt all possible options. By using sorting tools, they remove everything other than the most useful and reliable information.
There are many different ways to use critical thinking methods. According to TED-Ed there are 5 ways to help you think critically quickly. Following:
1. Formulate the question. Know what you want to look for. Filter all information carefully. You will find what you are looking for and decide if the new information really fits your needs.
2. Gather information. There is a lot of information out there, both what you already know and what you don't. so ask clearly what you want to know, it will help you determine which info is relevant. Gathering info helps you assess different options, getting closer to decisions that fit your goals.
3. Apply existing info. Do it with some critical questions. For example, try to apply the existing basis to your problem by linking it to the basics that you have found and try to dig deeper about the information that already exists and what else you will need.
4. Consider the implications. Consider the impact of the information you already have. Is it really necessary or just a waste of a sentence. Think about the consequences that will occur.
5. Learn another point of view. Ask yourself whether this information is important in your problem. Talk to a few people and see how they respond. If it is relevant to your problem, dig deeper about the existing information. Learn their full perspective so you can explain why information that may not seem appealing to you but might interest other people. This allows you to explore a variety of alternatives. Evaluate your own thoughts and ultimately help you make informed decisions.
I think that critical work is everyone's duty. Because in everyday life, of course he must think critically and fundamentally. There was no way he could make a decision without further thought. Unless it's a spontaneous action, then it happens reflex and suddenly suddenly thinks at length.
So as a student, you only need to sharpen your critical thinking. Universities help in general and all come back to their respective students. Will he be someone who thinks critically, or will he be arrogant in acting.